Question about Standard C766L mobile (programming related)

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
bigdaddynate

Question about Standard C766L mobile (programming related)

Post by bigdaddynate »

Ok, Ready for the longest sob story today?

The wife is expecting baby number 2 and I am in the middle of cleaning out the radio haven once known as "my room" Making room for little Brooklyn.

I was wading knee deep in my closet when I ran across these boatanchors. 2 complete Standard C766L mobiles.

I took some time to check em out on the ol' monitor, and they work. I'd like to program them, but have no idea where to start. They have a diode matrix on the top board. This is where I kinda lose it. No freakin' idea how to work the diodes to make it sing.

How about a little help from the group. I know someone has interacted with one of these animals before.

:stupid:
n9gik
Site Supporter

Post by n9gik »

Hope you get a response. I have one setting on the shelf I'd like to reprogram as well. Don't want it to talk on, just as a monitor for our local fire/EMS dispatch.

A scanner works, but when the band is open distant departments come in. I want to hear just my dispatch kind of as a backup for when I forget to charge my HT battery or leave it in the truck.
Jason

766L

Post by Jason »

Yes, they program via the diode matrix. Worked on some years back. Good luck finding a service manual. Ill look around, see what I can find