Anybody Tried Swissphone Pagers

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
Birken Vogt

Anybody Tried Swissphone Pagers

Post by Birken Vogt »

With the M5 apparently being pretty much the same as the previous generations, I wonder if anybody has tried the Swissphone pager or if there is anything else out there. Also what is their dealer network like. Is it worthwhile to become a dealer.

Birken
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:beer: We have been sellin a LOT of the Vertex VX180's for paging. Reliable, less cost, three year warenty, better reception.

You can get it with a Lithium ion battery, which will decrease weight a little.

Complaints?? Yes. "I cannot hear the bell when it goes off" After two weeks, he was able to hear it in a crowd. "Too heavy", changed to li-ion battery, now ok.

For some reason, some do not work at night, if you know what I mean.

Paul b
Birken Vogt

Post by Birken Vogt »

Do they have a voice recorder feature? Do they do 2-tone or DTMF? How much do they cost?

Birken
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:lol: The VX420 series you can add a voice storage board to the radio. It will page, and record up to 2 minutes. On the bad side, it can continuiously record over every two minites.

At least that is what I get from the program guide, could be wrong though. Have not really played with one. does have the option for different ring tones which is nice.

Cost, about $400 with li-on batt and rapid charger. Or you could add the MDC1200 board and encode and decode MDC1200 in this radio.

PB
500e

swiss phone

Post by 500e »

we have used swissphone pagers for years as revertive pageing off mobile radios 5 tone were ok bot EXPENCIVE
Go with the flow
tc62

Re: Anybody Tried Swissphone Pagers

Post by tc62 »

If you are talking about the newest swissphone pagers they are extremely tough
and sensitive on receive tried them out for over a month lots of features
one problem, they must be tuned by the factory, for sensitivity reasons
the band width is verry narrow so if you are a shop that is selling them
you must stock more pagers if you have several paging frequencies
this is referring to the tone & voice uhf tone 7 voice I don't think is available yet
the Digital pagers (posag format) seemed ok check the recieving bandwidth
on these