Motorola Increase In Price!

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
Kenwoody

Post by Kenwoody »

Got a letter from Motorola about a pretty big price increase on parts and such! Anybody else got any of this? It says that they will increase parts price, if I'm not mistaken, by an average of 8%!! It also look like they wanted the reseller to byte the bullet for this, also! Any comments!
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

This has been discussed back and forth on batlabs. I don't have much contact with anyone over there, or buy may parts, but it sounds like they are charging the customer more, and delivering a worse quality of service/product to the end user...

I like the looks of the waris series of radios. They look like they are starting to pack a decent amount of features into the radio. However, I wouldn't buy an HT750 or HT1250. Not worth the downtime. I would consider one of the 1550's, I hear they are actually working better than the 1250's are.

In the meantime, I'll be happy with my MT2000 at my side.

-Alex
jim

Post by jim »

Motorola is going to price themselves right into second place in the two-way market. They raised the prices 7% last year and now 8%?????
What are they trying to do? They are already getting a reputation for building junk lately and are losing business to Kenwood and ICOM.
:evil:
NodrogCop

Motorola Increase in Price

Post by NodrogCop »

My shop here isn't all that thrilled about it - while they get a lot of state bid work, they still have a *large* # of fleet accounts, including local public safety, who won't be able to afford the increases for long.

I have found a lot of colleagues searching for the "classic" radios -- mostly MT1000 and HT1000's, and the occasional MT2000 -- because depts here won't buy new radios due to the impending change to 800 trunk and the old radios are just wearing out (we just stopped using the last MT500...)

I'll stick with my HT1000 and GE/Ericsson MPA and MRK, thanks.

Gordon