Donations...

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
Alex
Site Administrator

Donations...

Post by Alex »

Since there have been some issues serving and keeping this site up... I've incurred around $200-$300 in costs between spare drives and shipping the system around.

If you would like to help keep the site up and running, every contribution counts.

If you do decide to help out - make sure you put your username in the donation so that I can credit you.

Daniel C - please send me a PM so that I can make sure you get credit where credit is due.

Thank for your time.

-Alex
radio230
Site Supporter

Post by radio230 »

Glad to help. The information availabe here is, to me, invaluable. Anything I can do to keep it going I will!!

And Alex, PM was sent
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

radio230 wrote:And Alex, PM was sent
Got it. I appreciate the help!
n9gik
Site Supporter

How does one donate?

Post by n9gik »

Forgive me for being so dumb, but how would one donate to the operation of the board if he so desired? I've kind of looked around and see no explanation of how to do it.
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

on the main page (http://www.radioinfoboard.com) there is a link to the paypal thing.

You can also click "The Radio Information Board" logo, and you'll see the link that way too...

-Alex
n9gik
Site Supporter

Been a snake it would have bit me!

Post by n9gik »

I just scroll quickly down to the forums instead of reading everything and had just skipped right over it. :oops:
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

I could move it to a header - but I don't want to be annoying about it for obvious reasons.

I have had pretty much a no-charge host - and host for people that I know personally. They typically help fund repairs and other such stuff.

However, I live about ~400 miles from the server, and it's become somewhat unpractical to maintain reliably from so far away (it used to be on a desk behind me at work).

This right now will help move it to a better permanent home for at least the next 2 years.

Thanks in advance for people's support.

-Alex