Standard Repeater RP70

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
963Expert

Standard Repeater RP70

Post by 963Expert »

I'm looking for anyone who can give me some information on a Standard RP70, 800 Mhz Repeater. I'd love to find a service manual, but someone who could help me with programing would be great!

Kel
n9llo

Post by n9llo »

I'm still looking for a manual for my UHF one. The UHF system uses crystals(not programmable) I think the 800 unit uses crystals also

Chris
963Expert

Post by 963Expert »

Chris,
Your absolutely right! It is crystal controlled. I've searched all over the place, I can't find a manual, nor can I find a source for parts as well. I have two of them in 800, neither of which has a CTCSS board in them. I'm looking for a manual and a source for tone boards.

Kel
963Expert

Post by 963Expert »

Still looking for a manual or a source for parts on this repeater. Even a source for crystals would be helpful at this point. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Kel
N3UHD

Post by N3UHD »

I thought Vertex merged with Standard a while back.
http://www.yaesu.com/LM/lmsupport.html
This is the support page link. Pehaps it can help.
As far as crystals go, call International Crsytal in OK . Tell them the make and model of what you have and they can make some rocks for you.
Bob
N3UHD
PCIA #38104
...if it ain't broke..don't fix it...
http://www.busrad.com
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."~ Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Will

Standard Repeater RP70

Post by Will »

I had just made the same inquirery.
I talked to Steve Richards at Vertex and he is locating a manual & alignment instructions for me.
I'll keep you posted.

Will
963Expert

Post by 963Expert »

Wow, I just noticed that I first posted this just a few days shy of a year ago! Welp, I've still got 2 of these repeaters sittin here and still haven't done a thing with them because I'm still looking for a manual. Both of them that I have are pull-outs from some sort of 800 trunk system. Neither has PL boards, both are exactly 1 meg apart, and both of them I had to install jumpers on the back to get them to pass audio.

The freqs they are currently on are licensed to that small company - Nextel in my area. I'd like to re-crystal them and tune them up on a freq that I CAN use in my area as backup or portable repeaters. But without a little documentation, I'm at a loss.

Will, any luck finding anything on these? Anybody else?

Thnx
N3UHD

Post by N3UHD »

Did you contact International Crystal? All they would require for cutting crystals is the model # off your repeater.
As far as a manual is concerned, I guess you'll have to wait for Will to get back.
Maybe you could PM him and remind him of your situation.

Bob
Bob
N3UHD
PCIA #38104
...if it ain't broke..don't fix it...
http://www.busrad.com
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."~ Adam Savage, Mythbusters
thor

Post by thor »

I got the service manual for a RP70U UHF if any one needs it PM me and I will e-mail it to you.
thor

Post by thor »

I have now put the service manual on a ftp it is at http://ratlodge.com//rp70u-1.pdf for all to download

Andy
Last edited by thor on Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
963Expert

Post by 963Expert »

Thanks Thor!

I'm on my dial-up right now and it seems to be a big file. As soon as I get back in the office I try it on the high speed. This may be just what I'm looking for.

Once I'm sure I can tune it up, then I'll work on getting some crystals for it!

Thanks again!

63Expert
963Expert

Post by 963Expert »

Thor,

Download the manual today, although the repeater I have is an 800, everything pretty much looks the same as in your UHF manual. I briefly looked over all the components and compared them to what you had and it looks as though I'll be able to finally get this thing up and running for what I want it for!

Thanks Thor for passing this on, and Thanks Alex for providing a forum to exchange information on Non-M stuff that we occasionaly need to deal with!

Kel
thor

Post by thor »

No problem glad I could help out. sorry I don't have the 800 MHz manual for you.

Andy
N7JQW

Post by N7JQW »

Anyone have info on a Vertex Standard RP71? I just picked one up on eby and I'm looking for a manual.
thor

Post by thor »

From what I can find the RP71 is the same as the RP70U but with 25w output not the 12w of the 70.