Purchasing GE Programmer software

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
jkost

Purchasing GE Programmer software

Post by jkost »

Looking for a vendor to purchase the Programmer software and cabling for Orion,M7100 radios. This is to be purchased by a city Police agency. The local GE radio shop is being very difficult since they'll lose the agencies business.
The only reason they're losing it is because they mess it up EVERY TIME. I work for the County radio shop and am willing to help them out. We have 30+ of the radios and am very fluent with the programming.
I'm not willing to use the county property to program they're equipment so they've decided to purchase themselves.
Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions It would be appreciated.
Thanks
jim202

Re: Purchasing GE Programmer software

Post by jim202 »

Contact Ma-Com in Lynchburg, VA. Don't have the number, but they should be able to help. They are the old GE company under several name
changes over the years. They also have the name Tyco Electronics tacked on to them. You might even try their web site:
http://www.tycoelectronics.com and see what comes up. I haven't had to get any parts or software from them so at a loss for the numbers.

Jim