Uniden VHF HT's

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
n9gik
Site Supporter

Uniden VHF HT's

Post by n9gik »

A neighbor retired and closed his construction business. At the auction I bought his radio system. What I really wanted was the power supply, but I got the rest of it. What I need to know now is what I have! I have 3 handhelds, all Uniden's. 1) APH 52D with a keypad and 2) FPH 516E's. I also have the chargers, but have no idea about condition of the batteries. I know what I am probably going to find, but haven't tried them yet.

So besides being bricks, what can you tell me about them? How are they programmed? It would be handy to program them to our EMS/Fire dispatch freq and put on a wall wart just as monitors.

There is no local dealer. I don't think Uniden is in the business radio business any more. Can anyone offer any advice beyond they make fancy doorstops?
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
Andy Brinkley

Re: Uniden VHF HT's

Post by Andy Brinkley »

We can program the FPH516's, they use the AMX500C programmer and an adapter card.
IIRC the APH radios were bricks with a silver front and were crystal controlled.

73's
Andy

--------------------------------------------------------------
NC Certified Firefighter III / EMT-A
FCC Licensed Technician / Amateur Call NC4AB
http://www.brinkleyelectronics.com