Having problems with Pyramid SVR-200U.

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
Elighting

Having problems with Pyramid SVR-200U.

Post by Elighting »

I have a Kenwood TK-7160H VHF hooked to my SVR-200U UHF vehicular repeater. I have had this SVR for almost 2 years, I bought it used. It has been working fine up till about a month or so ago. When I turn the VRS on it comes up, sends a beep to the portable then starts transmitting dead carrier. Nothing is coming over the mobile and when I key into the VRS it receives the signal,then keys up the radio for a half second,then will do this about 3 times and send me, what sounds like an error beep. It is acting like it is hooked to a trunked radio and is not getting an acknowledgment from the system. I do not have any trunking in this radio,only conventional simplex/repeaters. Has anyone had experience with these or have had one do this?

I thought at first it was getting hung up on it self transmitting/receiving the same frequency(different tone), but changed it and still does it.Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Jordan.
Elighting

Re: Having problems with Pyramid SVR-200U.

Post by Elighting »

Well, called Pyramid and talked to a tech, went through a few different tests and came , that the reset part of the SVR is not working correctly and need to send it in.Thanks.

Jordan.