Standard GX2000 UHF Mobile Transceiver

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
Azoic

Standard GX2000 UHF Mobile Transceiver

Post by Azoic »

Hi All,

Having purchased an "Older" Standard GX2000 radio, and programming cable, and finding the software, i am now stuck......
I can get the radio to turn on, and the software to work but that's it. Each time i try to programme with Australian UHF channels, the software just states "Communication Error".
I have tinkered with the programme software config. file, changed PC port settings on COM 1 port to all i can think of, i have tried everything. Can anyone help ???
I want to set the radio up as a base with 12-15 of the 38 channels available in the 476-477 Mhz range, but i cant get the PC to read it or programme it.
I am aware it should be done IN DOS MODE, on a slower PC, but not having one available, im trying to use DOSBOX, at slow_386 and 166 cycles and a simple CPU setting, but even this results in errors from COM 1. I have no idea why or what is wrong, but i'm all outta idea's......

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Azoic

43 M.A.I 98
ka7wnf

Re: Standard GX2000 UHF Mobile Transceiver

Post by ka7wnf »

I have Kenwood software that will run in Windows but will only communicte with the radio in DOS. I have had success using a bootable floppy to start a computer in DOS then run the software off a floppy. Can your computer boot off a floppy?
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

ka7wnf wrote:I have Kenwood software that will run in Windows but will only communicte with the radio in DOS. I have had success using a bootable floppy to start a computer in DOS then run the software off a floppy. Can your computer boot off a floppy?

My PC can be booted into DOS no problem, can you share the software you have ? I would appreciate it, i have the PPS2000 software, but cant make it work. i have tried it on 6 different PC's with varying configuration, but with no success. I am currently looking to see if i can find anything Linux that will work, but i'm not holding my breath on that, so if you can share the Kenwood software, that would hopefully do the trick.

Thanks for the Reply

Azoic

p.s: P.M. me and i will send you my email address.
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

The Kenwood software won't program your Standard radio. I was using that example of how I got it to work.
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

ka7wnf wrote:The Kenwood software won't program your Standard radio. I was using that example of how I got it to work.
Sorry my misunderstanding, i thought you meant it might read my radio, no worries. I knew i had to use DOS, my problem is finding a suitable PC, i need a 286/386 or 486 with cached memory at the fastest, I think my Dual Quad Core might be a TAD tooooooooo fast to use...........i'll keep looking, i read on another site it can be as little as little as a dirty clone port that can stop data flow, so i'm still playing, and still trying. I might get it going one day, i might not, it only owes me a small amount, so if it's a boat anchor, i wont be crying over it.

Thanks Anyway