VX7 900 MHz???

Forum dedicated to discussion on Yaesu Amateur Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

kk6rq

VX7 900 MHz???

Post by kk6rq »

So can anyone tell me why the VX7 arbitrarily has a HOLE from 914.9875 to 944 MHz? Even after the freeband mod?
Not a word about it in any of the literature. Is that the cellular range in BumF%#k Egypt or something? I'm not real
happy to find I can't monitor our 900 repeater or even local commercial ones!! IDIOTIC!
WC4RAV

Re: VX7 900 MHz???

Post by WC4RAV »

yes, because of harmonics from the now unused (analog FM) at least cellular band. All the trouble the feds wasted time making it a felony to RX in that range and everything is digital (CDMA, GSM and stil in some areas IS-136). Verizon is now sunsetting AMPS in many areas, and Cingulat&t started shutting off AMPS in January. By this time next year there will be no more AMPS yet it is still a big deal with the RX certification process. thanks Charles Schumer and especially Mr. Look What I can do mr. congressman watch me modify my scanner and intercept your phone call Mr.Bob Grove himself.

That's the reason most Yaesu's don't RX what has now become the predominant portion of the 900 band, 927-928MHz. It's the same way on the FT-60 as well, what a bummer.