Question on VX 4200 (4204)

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
shane1041

Question on VX 4200 (4204)

Post by shane1041 »

On this radio , I understand you can tone out of the radio but everything i see in the operating manual says it done 5 tone, I need 2 tone paging, I have one on the way is the reason i am asking
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

You don't need to purchase any additional boards for the radio to do 2-tone encode or decode. [Signalling] --> [Signalling Type] --> [2 tone]. I'll leave info on how to create the table for alias and encode or decode when time allows (hopefully later today).

-Tom
shane1041

Post by shane1041 »

OK i understand recieving 2 tone , But what I need to know is if this radio can transmit a 2 tone , all of the brochures state it transmit 5 tone but I was hoping I could transmit 2 tone...........I hope I described it right
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

For 2-tone aka QuickCall II (R) encode:
Make sure you're set to 2-tone under [Signalling] then go to [Signalling] and [2-Tone Encode]. Enter your tone freqs and aliases in the 2-tone Encode Table. Then go to the Encode Option table and enter your times Motorola QC II (for instance) is 1 second for tone 1/A and 3 seconds for tone 2/B.

HARD WAY (4 Calls)
Set the Call 1-4 pulldowns with the tone or tone pair number (#s 1-32 from the table). You'll also need to configure the DSUB-15 [Common] --> [D-DUB-15] --. [Port] to page. Example Port 1 = Call1

The accessory ports on the DSub: Port 1 = Pin 9, Port 2 = Pin 10, Port 3 = Pin 11, Port 4 = pin 12. Connect to Pin 4 = +12V DC to to the port to page.

The signalling type on the channel table (far right) should be set to signal.

EASIER WAY (32 calls)
Set a radio face P button to [CALL/RESET] and set another P button [CODE UP] under [Common] --> [Key Function] . If you want to go back set a 3rd P button to [CODE DOWN]. This will allow you to advance through the alias table (showing station/unit) and you get to use all 32 tone pairs.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing - (because it certainly was confusing for me to write). If you have any more questions or problems let me know.

-Tom