VX 10

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
Jeff Medic

VX 10

Post by Jeff Medic »

JUst had someone give me a VX10 1x ser. 8e21278 can anyone tell me if i can have this radio alert to tones thank you jeff
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

Jeff,

It depends if it has the right keypad (16 keys), but the FTT-15 with 16 keys doesn't do it. The keypad might be on the front but if not the type should be on the back of the keypad (on a sticker or on the board).

Keypad removal:
Remove the battery, remove the NiCd sticker, loosen the 2 screws on the opposite side of the keypad, push outward on the screws until the keypad extends out, remove the screws the rest of the way. When you put it back together make sure the gasket seats and that the connectors lineup.

-Tom
Jeff Medic

Post by Jeff Medic »

Thanks Tom The radio only has 2 buttons on the front A & B Will it work if i replace the key pad with the full dtmf pad
thanks jeff
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

Jeff,

It should work the same as any option board.
I haven't played with the VX-10 before (just it's cousin the FT-50).
The 2 button is 40 channel and the 16 key is a 102ch. The board/keypad you want is the F2D-7

-Now the bad news...
I did some checking online and I haven't been able to locate one (even on Ebay).
Multec Communications http://www.rfwiz.com/VX-10_Options.htm has the option listed, but say it's no longer available.
You might check with some of your local dealers (Vertex might have 1 or 2 in a dark corner of the warehouse).

-Tom