why is Vertex USA so incompetent?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
WC4RAV

why is Vertex USA so incompetent?

Post by WC4RAV »

yet again, another one of our radios develops a problem (raspy, scratchy audio on RX, almost like it's off freq). This time it's a 6 mo old FT-60. So into VXSTD USA's repair facility staffed by monkeys. This time the radio sits for 2 weeks. So I call "we can't find anything wrong with it". So I ask them to go get the radio, turn it on, tune to local weather freq and play the audio over the phone. All of a sudden "well it's on another tech's bench now...". What a load of BS. I thought there was nothing wrong with it? Why would it be on another techs bench if it's NTF? Funny how this was the reply after I asked them to demonstrate an obvious fault over the phone.

Is there ANYONE who has a corporate email to someone at the executive level? Their US customer service is worthless. I've gotten better response from fast food restaraunt mgmt.

I will NEVER buy another VX Standard radio again. I've never had this crap from Kenwood (amateur or LMR). We have over 100 Kenwood TK-380's and 3140's and the few that fail have been to Kenwood and back within a week and a half. Fixed RIGHT. Not monkeyed wiith.

How does this company expect to run a business and not provide any customer care? This is the SECOND vertex radio I've had develop a defect in warranty...and once again they're dicking around about fixing it.

No wonder people RUN not walk from buying their products. Even Motorola's Mexidepot isn't this bad.