Re: Vertex CE-31 Software Update Needed...

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
W2GLD

Re: Vertex CE-31 Software Update Needed...

Post by W2GLD »

I have two Vertex VX-800 portable radio that have been recently updated to 1.54 firmware and I understand that there is a newer CE-31 software release than what I currently have. I am currently using CE-31 version 1.16w, but according to Vertex Technical Support, the current version is: 1.18. I am having issues programming the two-tone decoder board since the firmware update and this is suppose to be a fix. [ can anyone put me in touch with a dealer to purchase the right software? ]

Thanks... Jerry

[ make sure you read the rules of this forum, no asking for software, your last line in your post was awfully close to the line. -Admin]
Splat

Post by Splat »

If you legally obtained the s/w then call back Vertex and nicely ask them to email you the latest version of the s/w. You might have to provide them with your serial #. Tell them your s/w is out of date and you have a current model radio that needs to be programmed.
W2GLD

Post by W2GLD »

Yes, I did purchase the software legally. And I did try as you suggested, but Vertex tells me that they have recently changed policy and that ALL software updates MUST be obtained from your local dealer or sales rep. This was not the case back in May when I received my upgrade to 1.16w, Vertex Technical Support simply e-mailed me a copy and I was off and running. Not so this time and my dealer will not assist either. I find this VERY interested because with my Motorola subscriptions, they simply mail a replacement CD to me, or I can grab it from MOL. What is the deal with Vertex??? I am considering just dumping all of the Vertex line and staying with Motorola or Kenwood. At least there Technical Support department does not change every month. I had similar issues with the Amateur Technical Support as well from Yaesu/Vertex. And they wonder why sales continue to diminish. Thanks...
Splat

Post by Splat »

I hear you. I had the same problem with some 8180 mobiles that were newer than the s/w version I licensed/bought from the Kenwood dealer. I called tech support and they emailed me the latest version. Now THAT'S support. I'm no longer a Motorola guy, and Vertex just feels like modifed Yeasu gear to me so I'm staying with Kenwood. Well, good luck. Have you looked at any of the Vertex/Yaesu Yahoo groups? They might have the program you need. You already have a serial # that should work so all you need to do is obtain the program.
Nittfo

Post by Nittfo »

for what it's worth, I have always read the radio first to obtain its "rev". Then I input the parameters, frequencies, blah, blah... Just today, programming new VX-210A's; the computer software rev was 1.0...the radios read, was 2.03 (I think). Regardless, all programming went well...now the units are off to the engravers...
WC4RAV

Post by WC4RAV »

the difference between Vertex and Motorola, is with Ma M, you signed a LICENSE AGREEMENT which entitles you to updates. Vertex software is just a parts sale in their eyes. If they come out with a newer revision, then you have to buy it again to get the latest revision.