VX-800 Two Tone Decode Problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
dittrimd

VX-800 Two Tone Decode Problem

Post by dittrimd »

I have a Vertex VX-800U with the Cimarron F2D-8 two tone option board. I have Firmware version 1.36 in the radios and 1.11 software. My problem is I cannot get the radio to decode the tones and sound the beep alert. I am using a Vertex VX-4200 to encode the tones. I am able to get my Motorola Minitor 2, 4 and 5 pagers to open up. My EX600XLS and HT1250 also open up and beep alert.

I have the Beep enabled and set to 32 max level. I have the correct 2 tone option selected on the main screen. I have tried every variation of tone pairs and had the group tone enable and disabled. I have tried on duty and off duty. The sub cpu recognized the option board and allows me to set my two tone option and table. My tones were kind of low so I tested both standard and non standard tones with no success all the time verifying that other devices were in fact working. I have four of these radios with this option board all behaving exactly the same.

The only thing I can think is that there are problems with either my firmware version or software version. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

Mark
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:roll: Any chance you could send me the program to look at?? I have done a few with 2 tone, but it has been a while and I could look at it wednesday morning. I can look over another customers to check it out.

email: paul.bidzilya@verizon.net.

Paul B