VX-180 Programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
Railroad Joe

VX-180 Programming

Post by Railroad Joe »

I have purchased a VX-180 and am in need of how to program paging tones into it so it will alert when my fire dept. is paged out for a call. The CE44 software I purchased with it is version 1.08 Thanks in advance for any & all help!!

Regards,
Railroad Joe
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

1. Under [Signaling] --> [2-Tone Table] enter the tones your dept uses. Select the format (Motorola is 1 sec followed by 3 sec). If you need along tone (all call) enter that freq in the 1st column and leave 2nd blank. Use location 1 for your primary unit.

2. Once you make your tone table go to [Signaling] --> [2-Tone].
  • -Auto reset: Off
    -Primary Group Call: Usually the 2nd tone (All Call Tone/ Long Station Tone)
    -Secondary Group Call: Normally not used.
    -Call Time: Number of chirps the radio to makes on tone out. Sounds good, but kind of a pain when trying to hear a call. These radios also tend to pass the last second or two of the 2nd tone, so it's not really needed.
    -Secondary Paging Pair: Secondary Unit. Radio can alert for a primary and a secondary AND an all call.
    -Tone Format: Standard unless some really off brand system is being used.
    -CTCSS/DCS Complement: Off
    -Duty: Off if you want to use it as a pager that only responds to tone outs. If you push the PTT it will override this.

3. On the main frequency info page enter your TX and RX info. For the tone out channel leave the Sub Audio Dec OFF. CTCSS and DCS can screw with the 2 tone decode. Enc is fine. I'd suggest creating a channel just for tone out.

On the right under 2-tone in the p box select 1 (tones under location 1). If you want a secondary unit for that channel check the s box. The secondary is what was set under Secondary Paging Pair above.

SAVE, and then program to the radio. After that you should be good to go. Hope this helps ya! Let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification.

-Tom[/b][/b]