Motorola buying Vertex ?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
n9gik
Site Supporter

Motorola buying Vertex ?

Post by n9gik »

Here is an excerpt from a letter a friend forwarded:
Friends,

By now, many of you may have heard that Vertex Standard Co., Ltd, (Vertex Standard USA parent company) announced that they have agreed to form a collaborative joint venture with Motorola, Inc. I personally believe the most important words in this sentence are â collaborative joint venture a business relationship that indicates a far different outcome intent than the demise of one of the venture partners.

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) will launch a tender offer to acquire a controlling interest in Vertex Standard Co., Ltd. (JASDAQ: 6821). Upon successful completion of the tender offer and subsequent restructuring process, Motorola will own 80% of Vertex Standard and Toko Giken, a privately held Japanese company, controlled by Jun Hasegawa, current president and CEO of Vertex Standard, will retain 20%, forming a joint venture. On 5 November 2007, the Board of Directors of Vertex Standard expressed their support of the tender offer. Yaesu, of course, as one of the Vertex Standard operations, will be included in this exciting development.

Vertex Standard (meaning Yaesu to us in the Amateur Radio hobby) will remain a separate, global organization with distinct resources governed by the Board of Directors comprised of four Motorola representatives and one Toko Giken representative. Toko Giken is a privately held Japanese company, controlled by the founder family. It currently holds 29.2% shares of Vertex Standard.

Mr. Jun Hasegawa, son of Sato Hasegawa JA1MP, the founder of Yaesu will continue to take part in the management of Vertex Standard in his capacity as the Representative Director, President and CEO of Vertex Standard after the Tender Offer. The day-to-day management of the joint venture will be the responsibility of Mr. Hasegawa and his senior leadership team, who are also expected to continue.

The Vertex Standard brand of equipment (Standard brand in Japan) will continue to exist. The current Vertex Standard brand strategies are highly respected by Motorola and will be continued.

There will NOT be a Motorola brand of Amateur Radio equipment replacing or competing with Yaesu.
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
60a

Re: Motorola buying Vertex ?

Post by 60a »

Wow... I'm not really sure how I feel about that :o
ariston

Re: Motorola buying Vertex ?

Post by ariston »

:grin: Yes, the Big Fish eat the small.