VXR5000 repeater

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
wavetar

VXR5000 repeater

Post by wavetar »

I am looking at this Vertex repeater for a customer of ours. It had several problems which I took care of, but there's two issues outstanding. The tx is approx 4Hkz off frequency, and the rx sensitivity is poor (approx .75uV for -12dB sinad). We have the software & cable for the unit (surprisingly), but the only software adjustment seems to be tx power. I have ordered a manual, but am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for aligning the reference oscillator in the meantime. None of the pots on the "logic" board of the unit seem to be it, and the adjustments through the two holes in the shields on the tx/rx packages don't seem to do anything for it either. Any help is appreciated!

Todd
wavetar

Post by wavetar »

Meh, nevermind. I broke down & opened up the tx package (about a dozen screws) and lo & behold, there's the TCXO. Why they didn't make such a common alignment easily accessible is beyond me. Thanks for reading.

Todd
Sactokings

VXR-5000

Post by Sactokings »

Does anyone have experience wiring the VXR-5000 to an ACC RC-85 or RC-96 repeater controller? Appreciate any help/ schematics.

Regards,
David
KB8QEU

Re: VXR5000 repeater

Post by KB8QEU »

Hi group!

I'm Ed - KB8QEU

Our Vertex VXR-5000V went down hard!

The previous manager left taking all manuals with him.

We are looking for the Service manual, prefer paper but at this time PDF will do greatly!

Be nice if we had the owner's manual in PDF as well!

Can anyone help? We need this repeater back on the air ASAP!

Thanks for your help!

Ed --- KB8QEU
Net Manager of the Black Diamond Amateur Radio Club
Beckley, West Virginia
http://www.qsl.net/wv8bd/