VX-824--Prog for 2 tone decode

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
redbird

VX-824--Prog for 2 tone decode

Post by redbird »

I have programmed a VX-824 for 2 tone decode and tried every variable and it will not open for a voice message. I get decode and a beep and the display "Group Call", but no voice. I am not using PL tone on the paging signal and I have set the channel for no PL decode. I have the latest software. Version 3.10. Is it possible to get a voice message after the tones?
radio259

Re: VX-824--Prog for 2 tone decode

Post by radio259 »

i do not have my alptop here, but in the paramater section if I remeber, you need to tell it to unmute when 2 tone received. I think it is in the pull down where you set which 2 tone pair, or pairs to open to.

if this was no help, let me know. I can send you my file tomorrow from work, just look it over. i use one for paging for my fire company. You can also change the little blinky light to different colours ect.

Paul B
WQDE 855
KB3RUL
radio259

Post by radio259 »

Redbird, How did it go?? Were you successful?? if not let me know. Will try to wlak trhu it with you somehow.

Paul B
KB3RUL
WQDE855
redbird

Post by redbird »

Hello Paul. Thanks for the help. I have not been able to get the radio back to complete the programming. I am sure that I can compare your program with mine and find the problem.