interfacing controller to VXR-9000u

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
PantherRepeater300m

interfacing controller to VXR-9000u

Post by PantherRepeater300m »

Hi everyone, I want to interface a Hamtronix Elektra 2000 controller to my VXR-9000u and I am looking for tips on how to do this. I pretty much have figured out how to wire it to the 25 pin accessory connector but I am unsure how or if I even need to disable the internal controller. My guess is I will have to disable it. Would programming it as a base do what I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks! :grin:
rfcom

Re: interfacing controller to VXR-9000u

Post by rfcom »

The VXR-9000 could be programmed for base or repeat mode but you will need to program one of the function key for remote toggle. Once this key is pressed, the internal controller is disabled and the VXR-9000 is controlled by anything hooked to the accessory connector .

You should also program the status backup for backup so the VXR-9000 will automatically revert to remote mode after power off then back on (or power failure).
PantherRepeater300m

Thank you for your help. I wasent sure if the internal controller would be disabled if it was in remote mode while setup as a repeater. Do you know if the Internal CW ID'er will still work when operating as a base or repeater while in the remote mode? Id like to use it's ID'er since the one in my controller beacons, (ID's every 15 minutes whether the repeater is being used or not) which is annoying. Thanks again. :grin:
rfcom

Post by rfcom »

I am pretty sure (but not 100%) it will. You will have to put a checkmark in the "Req" field if you don`t want it to send the ID when the transmitter is not activated for a time exeeding the one programmed in the "Int T" field.
PantherRepeater300m

Ill keep my fingers crossed that it will. :grin: Thanks again for all your help.