COR / CAS signal in FTL-1011?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
mpoulton

COR / CAS signal in FTL-1011?

Post by mpoulton »

I am desperately searching for a COR signal in an FTL-1011h, and can't find anything that will work. I know there's that one pin on the header that passes through to the RF board, but that signal operates on squelch only and ignores CTCSS. I need CTCSS to activate the repeater. I can't figure out how this radio is decoding the CTCSS tone and un-muting the audio! Every signal I can find in the thing that changes state during receive seems to ignore CTCSS. Anyone know?
mike m

Re: COR / CAS signal in FTL-1011?

Post by mike m »

Remove the audio board, the Printed circuit board on the top side of the radio.

On the bottom of this board look for a 24 pin surface mount IC with markings similar to AK2343.

The dot is pin 1 and you need to find PIN 14 which is tone detect output, this pin goes low when a valid receive signal with proper CTCSS tone is present.

24----------------14 13
pin, #14, is rx tone detect active low.
1-----------------11 12

Mike
WB8VLC/7
N3CHU

Re: COR / CAS signal in FTL-1011?

Post by N3CHU »

Mike I have opened two different FTLs one UHF and one lowband and both under the top audio board I found four 14 pin ICs and they were all labeled the same. "2902 JRC A3579" so could you please give me a more presice location on the board as these are probably the IC you refered to.thank you very much. Davie n-3-c-h-u at atlanticbb dot net