Vertex VX_820 Programming Problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
fatbob71

Vertex VX_820 Programming Problem

Post by fatbob71 »

I have 4 UHF band Vertex VX-821e radios and have programmed them to our frequencies using the CE59 v2.10 software.

However, only one of them communicates. The other 3 just emit 3 short beeps on TX and do not receive the programmed frequencies on RX. When I upload from the radios again, the RX frequencies have changed by 1.875MHz from what they were programmed to. Wierd. Can anyone explain this?

Its obviously not the program software as it works ok on the 1 unit.

How can I rectify this so that I can get the radios to communicate properly?

They are all the same model and frequency range (400-470Mhz).

++++++++++++++++++++++++ From another post, I read that the frequencies programmed may not be stable if the 1st IF value is wrong. I can see that the 1st IF value is wrong on the faulty radios (over 3MHz down on the the standard value of 50.85MHz). I have tried Adjustment Recover to set to factory defaults, but this had no effect at all and the value remains down at 47.70MHz. How can I reset the 1st IF to 50.85MHz...?+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
rgvsusa

Re: Vertex VX_820 Programming Problem

Post by rgvsusa »

The newer firmware and software combination fix a much wider "memory map" if it becomes corrupt. It sounds like yours is.

The latest firmware is 1.88.

The latest software is 3.07.

I would update my firmware, then update the software and then do the adjustment recover.

Rich
fatbob71

Re: Vertex VX_820 Programming Problem

Post by fatbob71 »

Thank you so much for that!

I couldn't get hold of the very latest versions but I did upgrade to software version 2.24 and firmware 1.76 and performed adjustment recover which worked like a dream.

Many thanks, this has made these 3 units usable once again.

Rob