Vertex & Windows 7

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
Railroad Joe

Vertex & Windows 7

Post by Railroad Joe »

Hello,

I have a VX-180, CE44 software version 1.01 and a laptop running Windows 7. My cable is USB. I have installed the drivers for the cable. The computer will read the radio just fine. I then made changes to the channel & frequencies I wanted. I then saved the changes 1st & then tried to program the change to the radio, but it would get about halfway thru & give me an error message of communication failure. Is this possibly something to do with Windows 7??

Thanks in advance for any & all answers.

Regards,
Joe
rdale

Re: Vertex & Windows 7

Post by rdale »

I think you need CE44 v2
Railroad Joe

Post by Railroad Joe »

Well, after trying different computers with different operating systems, and purchasing another USB to radio cable, getting CE44 v2.03, I still had no success with downloading the information to my VX-180. It would get about halfway through downloading and give me an error message saying communication failure. I found my old laptop carrycase and in there was the original 9-pin to radio cable. I plugged it into my old computer that still has a 9 pin parallel port and VIOLA!! it downloaded right in. Was I a happy camper!! But that lasted all of about 2 minutes. After downloading the new frequencies & PL code, I tried transmitting to the repeater system a few miles away, no luck. I could hear them just fine, but I cannot activate their repeater. I went back in and check both Rx & Tx freqs, encode & decode pl's, I even changed channel selection from channel 9 to channel 10, nothing. As stated, I can hear them fine, but cannot transmit to them. I'm stumped and need help. Also, encode & decode, just so I have it right in my brain, encode is for when you transit to them & decode is for the radio to listen to them, am I right or wrong? Thanks in advance for all answers.
N3CHU

Post by N3CHU »

I use a pure Dos laptop running Dos 6.22 ,486/25 for my 160s and it works fine. (win 7 may be a bit too fast for the software) Hope this helped Davie n-3-c-h-u at atlanticbb dot net