VX4200 VHF to VX4200 UHF link/"Super Rat Pak"

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
midstate33

VX4200 VHF to VX4200 UHF link/"Super Rat Pak"

Post by midstate33 »

Anyone interface two VX4200's one VHF one UHF to make a duplex link, we got everything working fine....except....we need a way to (via the front panel of one of the radios) disconnect the link so the radios can be used in the "normal" mode, any help from "gurus" is appreciated, tnx 73's Fred/W8WAR (let me clarify this is not a true duplex link more of a duplex repeater) i.e. a rat pak on rf steroids LOL ...
midstate33

Re: VX4200 VHF to VX4200 UHF link/"Super Rat Pak"

Post by midstate33 »

Well if anyone is interested in this setup, we figured it out after......extensive correspondense with Vertex techs & engineer
who said it would not work, if your interested let me know & I will give you the info....you ask what would I need with this???
Think about it you have a Uhf 4200 and a Vhf 4200 installed in your vehicle, now you want a mobile extender/rat pak/mobile repeater or what ever you want to c all it, why spend the money for another unit, interconnect the 2 units install a miniature toggle switch & wa lah you have a duplex VHF to UHF or UHF to VHF repeater which you can use from
your handheld......works great......73's......Fred/WAR Radio