VX-510 Programming issues

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
kevinbrn1

VX-510 Programming issues

Post by kevinbrn1 »

First off I've followed the advise of a vertex dealer (now retired) who gave me a list of computer requirements in order to program the 510 program. So I'm using a Toshiba Satellite, 75 mhz, windows 95, changed the comp port settings as recomended, installed the program in MS DOS and I'm still unable to read this radio. I'm about to take both the computer and radio and throw it out the window. Does anyone have any insight to this.
midstate33

Re: VX-510 Programming issues

Post by midstate33 »

When you plug the cable in does the 510 go into the programming mode ok, or is there an error or e message on the display, email me at midstatecommunications@verizon.net I will try & help you get things going, I have hundreds of these in service, is it a factory programming cable or a homebrew cable? Is it factory software or a copy from the internet?
Is it a lowband, highband or UHF model you are trying to program, did you put it in the program mode by holding down on the top 2 side buttons (on left side) and turning the radio on, this puts it in the pgm mode, give me more info, glad to help
Fred/W8WAR