VX-160s lost receive

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
CDX825

VX-160s lost receive

Post by CDX825 »

Hello folks

Ive got two VX-160 handhelds that have lost receive. Both radios had this happen at about the same age. One is a few months newer and lost its receive a few months after the other. Anyway both radio are out of warranty so I can't send them back sadly.

I did some testing and while they didn't loose receive completely they seem off frequency and and the sensitivity has gone way down. Transmit side is fine still on the radios though. I tried to align the frequency on the one and while I did manage to get closer than it was its still way out.

I'm bummed out though as both radios have been great until this happened. I'm thinking about contacting vertex but have a feeling they will be of little help.

Just curious though if anyone else has had this happen to one of their handhelds?

We had one of our fire departments radios (VX-350) do the same exact thing. It was still under warranty though and was sent back and I never did hear what the problem was. Makes me think that this must be a common problem.
-Justin

To many radios to little time
cajuncannon03

Re: VX-160s lost receive

Post by cajuncannon03 »

Ceramic filters are bad. Both needs to be replaced.