Error_1 on a VX800 UHF

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
N3CHU

Error_1 on a VX800 UHF

Post by N3CHU »

Hi all, is there a fix for clearing an error_1 with flashing red LED on a vx800 UHFwithout sending it to the shop? bought it cheaply at a Hamfest and would like to try fixing it myself if possible. using the cheap program cable but it worked for entering freqs etc but acted funny and now the error. any help appreciated. thank you Davie n-3-c-h-u at atlanticbb dot net
radio259

Re: Error_1 on a VX800 UHF

Post by radio259 »

Probably micro processor problem if I rmember right. Not worth fixing unless you got it for a steal.
N3CHU

Post by N3CHU »

Thank you for the reply, didnt pay too much for it but it did come with a nice speaker/ mic and two chargers and programmi ng cable. So guess you are saying it probably would cost more than its worth to have fixed? Davie
radio259

Post by radio259 »

You could try to dump the default file for the correct band split in it. it may recover it. Now that I rmember, the CPU fatal would be when the display flashs. Error 1 could be mdc or option board if tit has one. if it does, and you remove it, you need the "dummy" board to get tx audio out of the radio.

Played with a crap load of vertex att my last job, but for some reason, having a senior moment on this one.
N3CHU

Post by N3CHU »

I tried what you suggested and it wont take the blank codplug or read, it goes from error_1 with blinking red led to error4 so it sounds expensive and I have a well used vx-210AU that works well. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, thank you very much. Davie somtimes win and somtimes you loose