System Setup

If you are just getting into radio, and have a lot of beginner questions, or just want to help someone new out, then this is the place to do it!
bls2

System Setup

Post by bls2 »

I am interested in setting up my own radio network. I have looked all over the net for info on how to do this and I am not having much luck. I have 10 vertex 2000 radios. I am currently on a commercial network that is not very good. I would like to set up my own tower and repeater. Is this possible? Is there anywhere I could go for more information? I would appreciate any help that is given.
KF4SQB

Post by KF4SQB »

The first thing you have to do is get an FCC licence for the frequencies you are interested in operating on. You will also have to know if you plan to use simplex, a repeater, how many frequencies you will need, etc...

For more information about licencing, check out http://wireless.fcc.gov. For more help here, give us some more information.
Brett Kitchens
KF4SQB

kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.......
Slimbob

Re: System Setup

Post by Slimbob »

License search will be about $150, license will be about $50, repeater will be about $2000 - $10000, tower will be about $7,500 - $75,000 (installed).

Still sure you want to do this?