4150 Programming help

Forum dedicated to discussion on Maxon Radio products
steve_j

4150 Programming help

Post by steve_j »

I have a SM-4150 radio, SPC 4000 cable and SMP-4004C programming software. My problem is that my computer doesn't see the programming cable, I've tried all the COM port settings and different cable config's, but none of them will work. Has any body had this same problem? I've tried using an older computer with Windows 98 in DOS mode with the same results.
Steve.
Skywarn105

Re: 4150 Programming help

Post by Skywarn105 »

SMP4004c software will only work on win98 and lower version windows. win2000 and higher wont work. My software did the same and I had to go to my port settings in control panel and reset them and check exactly which port it was on and tweek it on the software profile. Hope this helps you out.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

steve_j wrote:I have a SM-4150 radio, SPC 4000 cable and SMP-4004C programming software. My problem is that my computer doesn't see the programming cable, I've tried all the COM port settings and different cable config's, but none of them will work. Has any body had this same problem? I've tried using an older computer with Windows 98 in DOS mode with the same results.
Steve.
the SPC 4000 cable is not a serial cable. it is a parallel port cable.
try hooking it up to that port instead......
dsimmons911

Post by dsimmons911 »

I tried programming my 4150 when the screen went blank and now it will not turn on correctly. Only the up and down buttons light up. I am thinking I put the "Red Wire" in the wrong spot because I lost the directions. What happened? Can the radio be reset and I try again.?

AD5DC
Doug
AD5DC
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

The red wire goes on the left most pin (5v) of the relay board header, after you pull the relay board out. You can reprogram it again if you haven't blown something on the circuit board. Another trick i learned recently is turning down the supply voltage to 11.0 to 11.5 volts to aid in programming (factory trick).
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Don't know but the factory cable that P.S.I. in Fife had ran off of comm 2, on a really old, slow computer. He said they wouldn't work on anything newer.