maxon gmrs 210+3

Forum dedicated to discussion on Maxon Radio products
swyne

maxon gmrs 210+3

Post by swyne »

Hello! newbie here. Question, just picked up this radio and when turned on, the screen displays " PLL UL" Nothing I do will effect this.
For a split second the screen will display a channel number and freq, Then directly to this "PLL UL". Is this some sort of locking feature?
Nice radio, hate to have to chuck it if its something serious? Any info would be great. Thanks guys, Jason
digitania

Re: maxon gmrs 210+3

Post by digitania »

Jason,

If your GMRS 210+3 shows PLL UL continuously, then that's usually a fatal error. It does in fact mean that the PLL synthesizer is not in 'normal operating condition' (according to the manual) and repair/service is required.

You can try doing a soft reset (system clear) to see if that helps:

1) Turn the radio power off
2) Press and hold the CALL and CLR buttons simultaneously and turn the radio power on again
3) After a few seconds, the display will show SYS CLR
4) Press the PTT button to reset all parameters to factory defaults.

If that doesn't work out for you... I would be interested in buying your 210+3 if you have the original rubber ducky antenna, battery pack and AC and/or DC charger or other accessories. I have two 210+3s myself, missing one original antenna; I could use the battery pack (to rebuild) and spare AC or DC charger.

Good luck.

Tony
mastertech11

Post by mastertech11 »

Guys, I could use a manual or programming help for this radio
Anyone got one?
digitania

Post by digitania »

I have both a user's manual and the programming manual, and would be happy to send you a scan or copy of same.

PM me your details.