johnson 5862

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

jlm

johnson 5862

Post by jlm »

I just got two ef johnson challenger fm242-5862 portable radios. One has a keypad and the other doesn't. They both appear to work fine but they are not programmed the same. They have some channels that are the same frequency, but the pl must be different. Anyboby have any idea on how to program them to talk to each other. I also have several ef johnson challenger zx 2452 crystal radios with chargers I would be willing to sell or trade. Thanks
N3UHD

Post by N3UHD »

The radio requires the EFJ software, RPI (Radio Programming Interface) and the programming cable.
If you don't want to spend the money on the items needed to do your own programming, see if there is a dealer in your area.
BTW, depending on how far away the radio is from what you want to put it on, it may require re-alignment.
I work for a Johnson dealer and have the stuff that is needed to program that radio.
If you need further help, call my shop: 301-694-0041
Ask for Bob
Bob
N3UHD
PCIA #38104
...if it ain't broke..don't fix it...
http://www.busrad.com
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."~ Adam Savage, Mythbusters