EF Johnson portable 5100 questions on programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

jim202

EF Johnson portable 5100 questions on programming

Post by jim202 »

Is there anyway to get a simple printout of the modes and channels in the 5100 portable? It looks like the software was wrote by a moron that has never had to deal with a portable that had a bunch of channels installed.

The only print option that I see is one that just gives you reams of paper and about 4 pieces of info per page. That was not what I had in mind when I bought paper for my printer. Maybe the programmer had stock in the paper company.

The second question is about the system key required to make any changes to a trunking system. It sort of looks like the software is based on the Motorola position that you need to have the system administrator provide a system key file to do any programming. Can the system key file be generated with the hack methode that was made up to get around this problem with some of the Motorola software (RSS)?

has anyone been faced with these issues yet?

Jim
1 ADAM 12

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

As to the printing... unfortunately I have only seen the long version
but I also have never bothered to see if there is a way to do it otherwise.

In order to get the system key, you need to fax the form that EF Johnson will send you, call them or email them and then you provide your info along with the signature and contact info of the System administrator and if you are authorized thet will email you the system key.
The reasons for this should be quite obvious .