5100 Programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

norm_delmas

5100 Programming

Post by norm_delmas »

hey there guys.

I need some help. I just purchased several EF JOHNSON 5100 series radios. They are unprogrammed but when you turn them on the numbers 4.10.9 show.

What version of PC Configure Software do I require, and could somebody PM me if they have a copy.

As for a programming cable.... Is it straight through from serial or does it need a level converter? Anybody with a schematic.

Thanks for your help guys. I have been having trouble finding any websites dedicated to this equipment.

Norm.
Intrinsically Safe

Re: 5100 Programming

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

You need pcconfigure 2.6.11 for those radios.
The programming cable is a straight through running RS232. They have a USB cable on the drawing boards from what I have been told.
If I get a chance I'll dig up the schematic for the cable and post.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
vtxstdtech

Post by vtxstdtech »

YOu need PC Configure 2.9.11
They release a newer version about once a month. THey are still trying to get all the little kinks worked out.
n2rld

Post by n2rld »

does any one know the price for PC Configure Software from Johnson
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

List price is $350. This includes their new RFX software which allows faster downloading into multiple radios. This is mostly useful for trunked users who need to change Unit ID a lot.

The new price pages just came out this week. If you want a copy I'll send it to you. Just ask.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
KMB

Post by KMB »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:List price is $350. This includes their new RFX software which allows faster downloading into multiple radios. This is mostly useful for trunked users who need to change Unit ID a lot.

The new price pages just came out this week. If you want a copy I'll send it to you. Just ask.

I.S.
Hello I.S.

Please check PM.
Thank you!

KMB