CAI option in 5100?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

spicaroo

CAI option in 5100?

Post by spicaroo »

Hey all,
I have a ef johson 5100 with conventional p25 digital channels but no trunking installed. How do you tell if you have CAI installed in the portable?

thanks
TonyAcabono

Re: CAI option in 5100?

Post by TonyAcabono »

Read the radio with PC Configure and there is a screen that will tell you what options are installed.
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

^ What he said. Do a Transfer>Read Options from Radio.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
spicaroo

Post by spicaroo »

It does not give CAI as an option. Is there anyway else of telling? Would it be fair so say since I have P25 digital non trunking capability then I have CAI?

Thanks
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

It might be labled as P25 Conventional or something.
The other way to check would be to program a digital channel in the radio. If it is not enabled and you select that channel it would indicate 'Disabled' on the display with that gawd awful error tone sounding.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.