error message after programing

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

spicaroo

error message after programing

Post by spicaroo »

Hey all, I have an error code, Bad F1 Fmt, after attempting conventional programming. Does anyone knows waht this means or how to fix it?
Intrinsically Safe

Re: error message after programing

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

It is actually bad FL format (file format).
You have upgraded your firmware in the radio, but the RCF in their was written for an older code.
Kinda like running windows 3.1 programs on XP.
All you need to do is use the correct version of PCC for the firware that is in your radio, then read the RCF and Write it back in. Should clear it up.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
spicaroo

Post by spicaroo »

That did not work with pcc 2.4.8 any other suggestions?
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

What firmware is in the radio now?
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
motorolahead

2425597-562HA2 what PCC to use?

Post by motorolahead »

I have an Ascend with 4.8.10 firmware, what PCC is applicable. I am not sure of features as I can't read as of yet.
242-5597-562-HA2