EF Johnson 5100 ES

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

ffdiverdan

EF Johnson 5100 ES

Post by ffdiverdan »

Hi, I have a few questions. I recently got an ef johnson 5100 es and I need to get it programed for my volunteer fire department. We operate on low, high and 800. I was wondering if this portable would be capable of being programmed for each band since it has three channels with 16 sub channels. the model number is 242-512A-433JH6. I am in oswego county, ny. I would really appreciate any help that i can get as i have tried my local radio shops and none of them can program ef's. Thanks in advance.
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EF Johnson 5100 ES

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

The radio you have only operates in the UHF band (380-470).
I know that kenwood did make a radio that would Rx/Tx on on VHF/UHF and also Rx 800. I don't know if they still do though.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
jsikora

Post by jsikora »

apparently you did not check all your local shops as I can along with the current radio vendor. I just ordered and receved my 5100ES 800 Mhz unit. I have just successfully programmed it to Oswego County parameters and it works fine. I'd be curious to know where you got that radio as there were many being sold on Ebay that were stolen in that band split.

Anyway if you need programming PM me. We are an EFJ service center.

JAS
can ya hear me now...
n9gik
Site Supporter

Post by n9gik »

jsikora wrote:I'd be curious to know where you got that radio as there were many being sold on Ebay that were stolen in that band split.
I bet we never hear from him again ...
Intrinsically Safe

LOL
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
flat4turbo

Post by flat4turbo »

Two words: Thales Liberty

http://www.thalescomminc.com/liberty/html/home.htm

It likely will not do Motorola SN/SZ 3600. But will P25 9600 Trunking!

But this is an EFJ Thread and I will pollute it no more! ;-)
jsikora

Post by jsikora »

Well I'm looking for some insight for any that has done programming on these in multi-net trunking. I have one button programmed for group scan and it appears to work. I set up another for radio wide scan, but it appears to not scan anything ? Has anyon set these up. I need to scan 3 or 4 systems/zones. I have been racking my brain. I am willing to send the file to somone if ned be
can ya hear me now...
Intrinsically Safe

Radio Wide Scan does not support Multi-Net. It will scan between conventional and P25Trunking/SN/SZ.
My Multi-net is really fuzzy as I haven't had to use it for several years. And not with the newer product at all.
It appears in PCC it is just like all the other scan lists. Go to the Per System Page, Select Multi-Net, Go to your System Lists, select Group Scan List and hit Edit List.
From there hit Add List
Select Modify
It should show all the Multi-net Channels(groups) in Zone 1. Select the ones you want to scan. To select channels (groups) in another zone, just hit the pull down box where is says Zones and select the next zone. Then pick the channels (groups) you want to scan in than zone, repeat until finished.
If you are looking for something different maybe someone else reading can help you.

I.S.
ffdiverdan

Post by ffdiverdan »

Thanks for all of the comments that came in, some were helpful others were just ignorant and rude (n9gik). :x I have found out that I will not be able to get it programmed for what I was hoping for due to legal reasons way above my level. I would like to know where I might be able to get a second one of these as the one i have i got from a guy off of ebay, so that doesnt really help me now. Any help would be appreciated.