Probably the most ignorant 5100 programming question ever

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

High_Order1

Probably the most ignorant 5100 programming question ever

Post by High_Order1 »

Hi...

A long while ago, I got a GOOD deal on one of these 5100s. Had no need to talk wideband VHF, so I stored it away. Now, there are some P25 portables I want to talk to.

I am used to the moto way of programming things, and this keypad prgramming on this just, well, kind of throws me.

Is there a childrens' version of How To Program This Thing to Talk Simplex and Repeater P25, and Potentially Add Extra Zones Without getting PCConfig?

(I have not had a lot of luck locating the correct software)

Radio says v.2.4.6 on wakeup....

Thanks in advance,

-Shawn
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Probably the most ignorant 5100 programming question ever

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Hey, sorry about the troubles.
I have some stuff that will help you with the keypad programming.
As for the actual programming (via PCConfigure) its really not too difficult once you understand some of the goofy things EFJ does.
I am out of the country this week so I can't send anything to you but PM me your email addy and I'll get it to you for the keypad programming.
We can also discuss the other programming too.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.