Siren/PA Module for 5300 mobile radio

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

azlooker

Siren/PA Module for 5300 mobile radio

Post by azlooker »

Has anyone ever seen this module or have any experience with using a PA module? I'm more interested in the PA/ external radio functions than the siren mode. Thanks for any information.

Adam
KF7EZ
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Siren/PA Module for 5300 mobile radio

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

I have installed a few. There's nothing special on the radio end, just another cable hanging out the back and a few programming options to be turned on in PCC. All the radio does is route audio down the extra cable, that audio then goes to a 3rd party PA/Siren kit.
If you need some info on it I can send it to ya.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
azlooker

Post by azlooker »

That is pretty much what I gathered from the service manual after looking through it last night. I'm thinking I can use a external air horn device and activate it from the switch panel on the radio. What PA units have you seen used?

Adam
Intrinsically Safe

Mostly stuff from Federal and a couple makers I have never heard of before, nor can I remember their names...

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
azlooker

Post by azlooker »

ok, thanks. By the way I sent you a message recently and saw you had responded but then withdrew your response, something wrong??
Intrinsically Safe

Sometimes I accidently delete messages from my outbox. You aren't the first one I have done that too, don't be offended :lol:

If I remember I'll reply again...

I.S.