Any info on the viking model 242-9653 ?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

KD8GFY

Any info on the viking model 242-9653 ?

Post by KD8GFY »

I believe this is an 800 mhz radio. Am I able to program this for anthing of use to me on the ham bands or is it just another boat anchor I have bought? I have two, so I could throw one off the stern and one off the bow and they should hold me right over the ol' fishin' hole! lol.
Seriously though, any info would be great I have two of these, and they have mag mount antennas with them they were used by an apartment complex that went under. I dont think they were trunked, and just used them to keep in touch with their maint. guys walkies. But any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Todd
KD8GFY

Re: Any info on the viking model 242-9653 ?

Post by KD8GFY »

Nobody knows anything about these radios eh?
Thanks for any info in advance! Todd
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Any info on the viking model 242-9653 ?

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Viking radios are LTR (800 MHZ only)radios but also capable of conventional (analog only). I am not sure about the Ham bands but they are a pretty decent and solid radio. There are millions of em out there still.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.