Multinet flashing

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

cg

Multinet flashing

Post by cg »

Any idea if a 53SL (242-5477-201DBBB4) can be flashed for the latest Multinet version (digital)?

chris
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Multinet flashing

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Yes. Although I am not sure what you mean by Digital. Multinet only does analog as far as I know.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
cg

Post by cg »

I believe Chester County PA is digital Multinet. Waterbury CT is in the process of rebanding and they are using the radios I had mentioned in another post, the 5571 & 5572. The ChesCo system had been described to me as Multinet III but I have never seen any reference to that from EFJ.

chris
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Both Chester and Waterbury are MultiNet II but they are using the newer digital CAPABLE radios (51/53 Ascend) most likely. The radios are capable of digital but the backbone is analog only. I have never heard of MultiNet III before now. They could be using the radios digital conventional, or on a neighboring digital SN/SZ/P25Trunked system??
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
efj44astro44
no longer registered-violation of rules

Post by efj44astro44 »

Chesco has a MultiNet 3 system . Using Some P25 Talkgroups on the system right now .