Stealth25 Programming cable

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

milcomm

Stealth25 Programming cable

Post by milcomm »

Hi All
I'm new join to the radio forum.
I have an old EF Johnson stealth25.
An top panel display is liquid leak and cannot be read, But still works fine.
I'm looking for the programming cable or schematic for home brew cable.
Does someone know the assignment of the programming cable of Stealth25/5000?
Thank you

hiro
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Stealth25 Programming cable

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Welcome to the forum Milcomm

I think I have a schematic of the pinout of the cable lying around somewhere. It is not the same as the current 5100s, that much i can tell you. If I dig it up I'll scan and post or email it to you.

In the meantime, if you have Modell III version of that radio, you can entertain yourself for hours by pressing,*#*#3 ( I think that is what it is) and listen to the Nebraska Cornhuskers fight song all day long.

One of a few eater eggs in that radio....

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
milcomm

Post by milcomm »

Thank you for quick reply.
When I got a Stealth25/5000, I didn't have a programming software.
Since I obtained software recently, I tried programming.
Software version is PC TRUNK 5.9.3.
The programming cable modified the different model and pin assignment wired by the guess on the basis of 5100.
However, it cannot read codeplug from radio and an error message is displayed.
Error message is " Radio not respoing ".
I guess wiring of the cable is probably wrong.
If you can find a circuit diagram, please let me know.
Thank you

hiro
milcomm

Post by milcomm »

I can not programming the EF Johnson stealth25/5000 still.. :cry:
Although I made a programming cable several times, But indicated an error message comes PC TRUNK screen and it does not take progresses read/ write code plug.
My software is PCTRUNK5.9.3, is this possible to programming the Stealth25 or 5000 series? :roll:
I am looking for the schematic/pin assignment for programming cable and software which can be use for programming to EFJ stealth 25 or 5000 series.
Please ! I need someone's help.
Thank you
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

The pinout is not the same as the 5100. It was supposed to be as I recall but they screwed up when setting up the side port. I know that the 5000 and 5100 cables have different part numbers. I may still have a pinout schematic on that but don't don't hold your breath! I will see if I can dig it up when I get a chance.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
mancow

Post by mancow »

milcomm

Post by milcomm »

Thank you for programming cable pin assign diagram post to a board.
Programming cable was completed simply, easy to make it, but I guess some problems are in software.
Because, since radio does not respond even if it tries to read a code plug from radio.
I installed software/ PC TRUNK5.9.3 to Panasonic CF-28/ tough book/ XP.
Although I chose model "portable 50**" on the model selection screen on the software,Because front panel of radio has indcated Stealth25 and 5000 near speaker(actual product number is both the same).
And both radios were tried, reading and writing are both impossible.
mancow

Post by mancow »

From what I recall the only difference between the Stealth 501X series and the newer 5100 cables are a swap of pins 2 and 3 on the DB9 side. You might try to swap them just in case the diagram is labeled wrong.