5100ES and 5300 Digital(P25) Channel Tx "blip" Anomaly???

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

seleong

5100ES and 5300 Digital(P25) Channel Tx "blip" Anomaly???

Post by seleong »

I am hoping that one of the 5100ES or 5300 Guru's might be able to help with this strange issue.

I have a UHF RS-5300 and 5100ES that exhibit this same problem: Both radios have both analog and digital voice, in addition to Smartnet/SmartZone, etc.

When I switch to a P25 digital channel from an analog channel, or from another P25 digital channel, the radio transmits one or more very short "blips" in digital mode. It's distracting and annoying. I am not sure if it's long enough to transmit the unit ID, but it is some sort of digital transmission. It only happens when you just switch to the new digital channel from another channel.

Does anyone know what this transmission might be, or better yet, how to get rid of it?

Thanks very much for your help!

Steve
Intrinsically Safe

Re: 5100ES and 5300 Digital(P25) Channel Tx "blip" Anomaly???

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Is this a conv digital or a trunked digital channel?
My guess it is one of two (or possibly both)
1. It is an affiliation attempt onto a trunk system
2. It is a data registration (OTAR) or something similar

Without knowing more those would be what I look at first.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
seleong

Post by seleong »

I.S.,

Thanks for your reply! It's a conventional channel, but I need to check the OTAR settings. In it's former life, it was a trunked OTAR radio. My guess is I missed turning off one of those features...

Steve
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Check the 2nd page of the per system page, settings box in the OTAR and data section. I'll bet OTAR is enabled and so is Data registration.

I.s.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
seleong

Post by seleong »

Bingo! You got it 100%. Thank you very much!

Steve