EFJ 5600 P-25 repeater by ADI (no CW id in software)

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

mancow

EFJ 5600 P-25 repeater by ADI (no CW id in software)

Post by mancow »

I managed to get my hands on a strange item a couple years ago on ebay. It's a small card slot type repeater made by ADI but marked with an EF Johnson part number (242-5600). efjohnson.com/PDF/Manuals/5600-P25ServiceMan.pdf

I managed to come across some software for it that is called DMR-25 Programmer Version 1.0 by (2000). It works fine, can program both transceiver cards and the repeater works fine. The strange thing is that this software package doesn't have the setup menu where the CW ID parameters are at.

What version do I exactly need? What version is the stuff in the service manual above? Would they still sell me this?
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EFJ 5600 P-25 repeater by ADI (no CW id in software)

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

OMG, you have a real beauty there. (insert sarcasm). I think I still have a copy of the programming software for that beast. I'll see if I can dig it up and see where the CWID string is entered.
The 1.0 programmer is the first version, there is one newer version, I think, I'll see what I have and let you know. You can see if they will still sell it to you. I don't see why not.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
mancow

Post by mancow »

Haaa... so I take it to mean it's a heap?

So far in testing at the house it seems to work pretty well and it is definitely chock full of features. It appears that RELM and various other people still sell this design but just rebranded. I downloaded the software from the Australian company but still can't find any place in there for a CW ID. The frustrating part is that the service manual on the EFJ site shows the menu in the software instructions but nothing I have found actually seems to have that menu in it. It has everything else but that.

I would really appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

I found my copies of the programmer. The 2.06 didn't have it but I did find the 0.1 version and it has it.
PM me if you want more info..

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
mancow

Post by mancow »

PM sent.