Disassembly of 5300 Control Head

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

X50

Disassembly of 5300 Control Head

Post by X50 »

I want to change the buttons on a 5300 control head, but I can't figure out how to get the two sandwiched circuit boards out. It seems to be hung up on the mic connector. Anybody done this before?
X50

Re: Disassembly of 5300 Control Head

Post by X50 »

Sometimes things are too simple... I had the head apart to change out the channel selector, so I figured I'd change the buttons at the same time. I found the install manual on the web that says to simply pull out the existing buttons with a pair of pliers- sure enough, they come out with a gentle tug.
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Disassembly of 5300 Control Head

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Sorry I didn't read the post in time or I could have saved you the hassle. I use an Xcato blade or a small flat screwdriver and just wedge down from the top of the button. You can use a needle nose but sometimes that will break the tab that holds the button in.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.