5100 Parts Needed

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

rftech

5100 Parts Needed

Post by rftech »

I am looking for a VHF RF Board for a 5100 Series Radio.

I have the following parts available if someone needs:

Main front PCB (board is for 380-470 MHz and includes IMBE, AES and DES Encryption)
Good as new 380-470 MHz RF Board

(If someone has a VHF that they wanted to convert over to UHF, all that needs to move over is these two boards and you are good to go... Somebody wanna trade??)

Basically I took a New Old Stock, 5100 Version 1 UHF and stripped the case, in the process taking the DSP board with the case so that I could house a VHF FPP 5100 in it that had a damaged case and was showing DSP Fail. Well, everything went well until I swapped everything over in the case just to learn that everything worked ok except my receiver was very deaf on VHF. when I looked at the board it looked as though it may have been worked on at some point, but without a service manual, there is not much I can do in the way of troubleshooting. So now I am kinda wishing I never undertook the project to get a 5100 VHF working as I sacrificed a fully functional UHF. I guess I could swap everything back but I want to see first if someone could help me out with getting a VHF radio back on the air.

Anyhow, looking for the RF Deck from this radio on VHF.

Hopefully someone can help.

Mike.
VE7KED
rftech

Re: 5100 Parts Needed

Post by rftech »

Well I popped the radio back open with the hope that this info might help identify what I have.

The board says it is VHF and on the top of the board etched is the manufacturer - CALAMP (c 2004)

Under above where it says REV it says 5A811

the bottom of the board has a sticker with barcodes:

P6A811
S34004812

Does this help someone identify the board? The RX is deaf but TX appears to function as expected.

Mike.
ve7ked

Re: 5100 Parts Needed

Post by ve7ked »

I was able to fix this radio thanks.