How can you tell if it has P25?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

smart6

How can you tell if it has P25?

Post by smart6 »

Hi all... I'm new to the world of EF Johnson radios (coming from a Motorola background) I'm looking to buying a few 51XX portables and was wondering... Do they come standard with conventional P25 digital already or is that a feature you would have to buy as an option upgrade? Also if it is an option upgrade, how can you tell if a particular radio has the P25 option installed? I've seen people mention feature strings or codes (or whatever you all 'em) but would I need that to figure out what options it has? I'm thinking about buying used.

Thanks for the help.
Intrinsically Safe

Re: How can you tell if it has P25?

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

The last two letters tell you what SW options are installed. It is a long list so I can't really go through it all here.
If the first letter is an A,B,C,G,J or K it has P25 Conv
The other letters it is mixed.

This is for the 5100 series only. The 5300 series has a totally different numbering scheme. Why I don't know. Probably just to mess with us folks. :)

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.