5100 Non-ES options?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

bezking

5100 Non-ES options?

Post by bezking »

Hi all,

I have a 5100 non-ES with model number 242-5122-410KA4. PCC tells me that this means I have STAR Roaming, full keypad support (this radio is a limited keypad), 512 TGs, P25 Conventional, and P25 Trunking. Would it still be possible for me to buy from EFJ any or all of the following options:
- Conventional Vote Scan
- Conventional Data
- Any kind of encryption?

If so, does anybody have an idea as to a cost for these options? Or is my radio so old that EFJ will just give them to me? :grin: :grin:

Thanks!
Intrinsically Safe

Re: 5100 Non-ES options?

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Duplicate. Sorry.
Last edited by Intrinsically Safe on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
Intrinsically Safe

Yes to all 3.
As for the encryption:
DES, DES-OFB, AES are the only options.

As for cost, this is list price:
DES/DES-OFB (comes w/ single key) to upgrade to multikey $600
AES- $500
Data - $200
Vote Scan- I thought this was standard, but i could be wrong. I don't see this in my price pages.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
bezking

Post by bezking »

Hey IS,

Thanks for the help. Here's my option screen:

So if singlekey DES is standard even if the box isn't checked it should still take a single DES key loaded by either the SMA or a Moto KVL?
Intrinsically Safe

Well, here's the deal. About a year ago EFJ offered single key DES to combat moto's offering of that crappy ADP they push.
It looks like your radio has older firmware, and thus you are using an older PCC which doesn't show the option. If you update to the latest, you will see an option set called Multikey Disabled.
bezking

Post by bezking »

Huh. So what would be the latest I could update to? Right now I have 4.8.10 (that screenshot is PCC 2.4.8). As I said before I am on the non-ES platform. I assume that when I update, I will get to give EFJ ANOTHER $300 for the new PCC in addition to the cost of the firmware lift?

Thanks!