EFJ5100 Keyloading options

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

bezking

EFJ5100 Keyloading options

Post by bezking »

Hi all,

Can I use a /\/\oto T3011DX keyloader for my EFJ5100 Non-ES or do I have to use an SMA or the KVL3000? I am only interested in DES at the moment...

Thanks!
firemedic

Re: EFJ5100 Keyloading options

Post by firemedic »

There is an option in the PC Configure options under the secure section to switch from asn/slk mode to PKID mode or something like that. Switches from named slots to physical key id slots. Once this is done it allows keyloading from a T3011DX keyloader with the proper cable. I'm at work and don't have access to my PC Configure software to tell you right where it is at but I'll look and update this when I can. When you do that you loose any ability to name the secure keys, they show up as HW Key 1, 2,3 etc vs a nice and fancy name that the SMA gives you when you load em in the other mode. But it works fine and will talk with other radios without any issue as that's how my EFJ's are all loaded.
Keith L. Dobbins N8KLD
W8TAP Repeater Group Engineer
VTAM/TCPIP Mainframe Network Engineer/MFT Network Engineer
Parkersburg, WV 26104