NAC for Digital Carrier Squelch? EFJ5100ES

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

seleong

Post by seleong »

Hello!

On an EFJ5100ES, is there an equivalent to "digital carrier squelch" that can be programmed into an Rx only channel (P25)?

I tried the F7E NAC without success. (I think this works on Motorola radios...).

Thanks very much for any help!

Steve
willbartlett
Administrator

Re: NAC for Digital Carrier Squelch? EFJ5100ES

Post by willbartlett »

Have you tried 293? also, in pcconfig, isn't there a digital squelch check box in the upper left corner?

Will
seleong

Post by seleong »

willbartlett wrote:Have you tried 293? also, in pcconfig, isn't there a digital squelch check box in the upper left corner?

Will
Hello Will!

Thanks very much for your reply! You know your PCConfig way better than I do!!! Yes, there is a check box for digital squelch in the Zone/Channel screen! I will need to try it out. My actual goal was to try to monitor a local trunking system, but I didn't know if I could "fake out" the system by using digital squelch to monitor...

Thanks again!

Steve
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

Let us know how that works out .

I have done that a bit different with a scanner. Our local sub-system of a digital, trunked P25 system uses a certain NAC code and it will allow crude monitoring that way.
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

The Digital Squelch box does the same as entering $F7F ( or is it $F7E?, I can never keep them straight) in any event this has the same effect as disabling the use of NAC codes and lets all NAC through.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.