Another EFJ Newbee Questio

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

n9rhy

Another EFJ Newbee Questio

Post by n9rhy »

Just bought a "NEW"???? EFJ 5100 VHF FFP. When I turn it on it says "V 4.4.16" What does that mean?? And, When I removed the battery I see that the tags on the case have been removed. Is this a BAD thing??
Tnx, Bill
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Another EFJ Newbee Questio

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

4.4.16 is the firmware level that the radio is running. Which is very old, circa 2005ish.
Last release for that radio was 4.14.5.

As for the label missing, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The ESN can always be pulled from the radio via PCConfigure.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
n9rhy

Post by n9rhy »

Thank very much. It looks like the radio is NOT new but has been recased. Also with some of the factory paper work that came with the radio is a card that gives
the military nomenclature for this radio and describes military uses for this radio and available options. Looks like I need to contact a dealer.
The seller sent me a PC Configure DC but my computer wont read it. Seller is supposedly sending me another PC Configure.
Thanks, n9rhy
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

You will need 1.28.0.8 PCC to read/write to that radio.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.